Sunday, July 29, 2007

Making It All Work...

Tomorrow will mark another chapter in our family history. Our oldest will begin his first full day of kindergarten. He is definitely ready.

"Poppa? I like my teacher."

"Yeah?"

"She's pretty."

So young and already has a crush on teacher.

I spent one late night recently preparing for his first 1/2 day of school. My wife called me at work before hand to let me know when I got home my job was to write his name on every marker and crayon.

"CRAYON?!"

"Yes. On every Crayon."

"That seems a little OCD don't you think?"

"Just do it."

"You bought the fat Crayons right?"

"No. They have to have the box of 24 regular size ones."

So there I was after a 12 hour shift at the kitchen table spelling his name out umpteen zillion times. It was easy arranging those tiny bits of matter once I got the electron microscope up and running. Did I mention I had one of those?

The school is very nice and well designed. They have a separate entrance just for the kindergarten wing. So parents don't have to wade through traffic for the whole school when its time to drop off or pick up.

Seth's classroom has what is basically a giant play tower in one corner. I was very impressed with the whole thing. It looked like a great place to have fun.

Another change we are making is having grandma be our primary daycare provider. Lets hope this works out. We have wanted her to have a closer relationship with the boys ever since she moved to town but her bout with cancer (now in remission) soon after she moved had prevented her from doing so.

Its the life of a working nurse with a busy family life!


No comments:

Post a Comment