Monday, July 30, 2007

I Gotta Wii [pronounced: "wee"]

Not really. But I do have access to a Nintendo Wii. The unit I work on has one for the residents and about every other shift or two we get it out to play bowling or tennis with them.

If you haven't figured it out by now... I am a game console nut. The only thing that has slowed me down in the past couple of years has been the expense of nursing school. I WILL OWN ONE OF THESE CONSOLES VERY SOON!

It is more than a game console. Just calling it a game console doesn't do it justice. It gets us couch potatoes off of our fat duffs and makes us exercise. I almost have to bring an extra set of scrubs to change into because I sweat so much.

So for all you parents out there concerned about the kiddos lying around watching television and gaining weight... go get them a Nintendo Wii. They will be exercising without realizing it.

Of course make them go outside too!

1 comment:

  1. Richard Aries, MSN RNAugust 28, 2008 at 11:19 PM

    You have to try the Wii Fit! It's amazing! Really makes you forget you're exercising after you get used to it, and you just have fun!

    You should see some of the research into using it in rehab et al too! Great for patients and nurses!

    ReplyDelete