Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Two Double Oohs & 8

Okay. So this is the only mention. I haven't posted in a long time. So I forgive myself and have moved on. LOL

What has Too Fat been doing all of this time?

Vacation. My family has gone without for so long while I changed careers that I OWED them a nice vacation. We bought an off season vacation package to SeaWorld & Busch Gardens (Florida). The kiddos loved it (even though they were too small to ride most of the rides). I have to give the theme parks some credit. They had sections specifically for the younger set. The wife enjoyed the time away from normal life. We spent a couple of days on the beach collecting shells before making our way home. It was a fun vacation and I can't wait to take the next one.

Re-fi. In the midst of the mortgage industry slump we managed to get a re-fi on our home to pay off some old debt and new (from nursing school). Yay!

Work... work... work. Work is moving along. Our census is up (lets hear it for job security) and staffing numbers are slumping. Lets hope the 'powers' get their act together and hire some more staff. Otherwise work is going well. I work on a good unit where 95% of the staff get along with one another and inter-unit fighting is kept to a minimum.

Winter Solstice. We attended a winter solstice party hosted by some friends of ours. We haven't been able to socialize as much as we liked to over the past couple of years so it was nice to see our friends again. Unfortunately they are moving to Georgia so we wish them the best of luck and hope they won't be strangers on their way back through to visit nearby relatives.

Christmas. Being the RN with least seniority on the unit I was lucky to have gotten Christmas Day off. The weekend leading into and Christmas Eve were filled with 12 hour shifts so I was pretty frazzled by the time the night of Santa's visit required LOTS of wrapping and tucking under the tree. Morning of went fine. We had a lot of fun and the boys got most of what they wanted (I am a firm believer in not getting EVERYTHING!). Grandma spent the night and was able to share the morning events with us (despite her lap dogs barking all night at Santa!). LOL. We had to miss the my family's big holiday get together but hey... there is always next year.

I am going to try and write more often. If I don't then I think it may be time to consider taking this blog down. We'll see how it goes in 2008.

Happy New Year everyone!

Too Fatt

2 comments:

  1. I've missed hearing from you, and glad I keep checking in from time to time. You sound so much happier and relaxed since graduation. I'm hoping you'll keep us up to date on the goings on of you, your new career, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Glad to hear that all is well with you and your family! I've graduated and start work next week! Can't believe it!! May 2008 be a wonderful year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete