Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ups and Downs of the Younger Set

We just got home from picking Seth up from school. And it was an interesting ride home.

"Poppa?"

"Yeah?"

"I got a red check today."

"What for? What did you do to earn a red check?"

[silence]

"Seth?... Tell me what you did."

"Someone got a red marker this morning at home and put it on my calendar."

Needless to say we had to get home and dig through his backpack to read the note the teacher left. Seems that after almost a month (3.5 weeks) of green checks... the kiddo had a bad day. Basically it boiled down to not listening to the teacher and causing a distraction to others.

As I write, Seth is in his room for the rest of the day.

"Poppa?"

"Yes?"

"If I get a green check tomorrow do I have to stay in my room?"

"No. If you get a green check tomorrow you will get to ride your electric motorcycle, play Xbox or Wii, and watch cartoons."

"Poppa?"

"Yes?"

"I don't like staying in my room."


Now he's getting the idea.

Guess its best he learns this at the start of the school year. At least he'll know for the rest of the year what punishment will be in store for him at home for anymore red checks.

On a brighter note... (aka Kicking your nemesis while he's down)
Ben has been semi-potty trained for a while. He'll take the initiative to go pee-pee in the potty but won't go poo-poo. That is... until today.

After Seth got his punishment handed down Ben started hollering from the bathroom. I figured he needed help with his pull-up. Nope. The little guy left Poppa a huge present!

We celebrated and he was thoroughly congratulated.

I'm thinking the younger is trying to show up the older... lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment