Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not so much a guy thing...

I LOVE being an adult again with a real job!

Recently I bought something that at first blush had my wife rolling her eyes. I am the proud owner of a brand new DeWalt 12" Miter Saw... (insert Tim Allen-esque grunting here). It is by far the nicest power tool I have ever owned. Lowe's was having a sale and it just happened to fall in the same week as a 'freed up' paycheck.

Now the stereotypical thing to write might be... 'it's a guy thing'... but you don't run in the same circle of friends that I do. One of my good friends just so happens to own plenty of power tools and has a workshop... and... just happens to be a wife and mother of two.

So the possibilities are endless. I am constantly thinking about projects that need to be done and projects I would like to do. Now I have to get some lumber in here and start sawing away!

BTW, my wife stopped rolling her eyes once she realized that 'miter saw' equates to "New Front Porch Railing," "Backyard Deck," "New Flooring," and "New Privacy Fencing."

Can't wait to call up my friend so we can break it in!

1 comment: